Our family-run company which provides a wide range of building and maintenence services was set up in 1980 by Mr Colin Swindlehurst, and it is still family run over 30 years later carrying on his founding values of Quality and Service.
We pride ourselves on our exellent reputation, which has enhanced the company's existence over many years and is the driving force to propel the company forward in the future.
SFJ carry out all aspects of works from building mantenance, office refurbishments, joinery and building works, bespoke joinery, partition works, suspended ceilings, office fit outs, floor covering, painting and decorating, fencing works and fabrication.
Clear and prompt communication is at the heart of our project management approach. You'll have one point of contact and we'll plan a schedule in advance; keeping you informed every step of the way. Good communication and understanding your nedds are values we believe in, we always aim for full customer satisfaction, our large number of returning clients is proof of our high quality of workmanship, on time schedules and excellent customer service.
At SFJ we are confident that our complete management service and total commitment to quality makes us different. We always do what we say we will. We have a skilled team of employees for our core services; highly-competent staff who will see any job through until it's finished. We have a commitment to development and training and make sure our staff are up-to-date with all the latest health and safety regulations and training procedures.
There can't be many small service and maintenance companies such as ours who can make such a claim of strong customer loyalty and it explains why we have been so successful over the years.
We will share knowledge and experience with you, and provide any advice you need right from the start. Our passion for our business and in-depth knowledge means we will anticipate any issues and provide practical expertise. We will be there when we say we will. And we will work around you - we understand you have a job to do and a business to run. We will plan and manage every project, down to fine detail, to acheive the job gets carried out with minimum distruption so your business can carry on as normal and to your complete satisfaction.
1. The Company is commited to acheiving evironmental, health and safety excellence. This is the responsibility of both Management and Staff in all functions. The Company will strive to provide a safe and healthy working environment, and to avoid adverse impact on the environment and the communities in which we do business.
2. It is this Company's Policy to use its best endeavours at all times to comply with all statutory requirements regarding the prevention and control of pollution.
3. When planning company work activities, the only matters that will be given priority above the protection of the environment are the health, safety and welfare of it's employyes and others that may be affected by it's activities.
4. The Company will wherever viable and consistant with it's Client's instructions, use materials and products from sustainable sources that are re-useable or recycleable.
5. The Company will make every effort to conserve the use of materials and energy and where viable and consistent with the Client's instructions, collect waste materials for recycling.
6. The Company will appoint a Manager/Senior Manager to supervise the implementation and further development of it's Evironmental Policy.
7. All members of the Company's Staff and Emloyees will be involved in the Environmental Policy through the following processes:
i. Investigating ways in which the consumption of materials and the production of waste is reduced.
ii.Turning off all unnecessary plant and equipment can be reduced.
iii. Being vigilant and reporting/acting to prevent any spillage or leaks of materials.
At SFJ we recognise our responsibility to keep staff safe, and to ensure that the work being carried out does not put clients, or their customers, at risk. We have had a long association with our external health and safety consultants, The Safety Consultancy, to assist with legal compliance of both health and safety legislation and specialist health and safety training.
We recognise that risk assessment is paramount in ensuring that our activities are carried out in a safe manner, and that SFJ's approach to health and safety is consistent.
Our tradesmen and sub-contractors have a completed Method Statement and Risk Assessment before each job is undertaken. All SFJ tradesmen take part in an ongoing programme of health and safety training, together with all other company training programmes.
All our staff are CSCS card registered from our project management team to skilled workers, and through to our apprentices.
We are registered carriers of controlled waste under license from The Environment Agency. Our registration is CB/EM3488EE.
SFJ are Accreditated with the following organisations:
CHAS Accredited Contractor
SAFE Contractor Approved
SMAS Worksafe Contractor Accredited
National Federation of Builders
British Woodworking Federation
Construction Skills Certification Scheme
| Safety Schemes in Procurement